This device serves as a visual indicator of the current price of a select stock with the ability to set up a list of stock symbols that you can just tap to scroll through. It just sits on my desk and makes it easy to spot when pricing is moving around.
This can very easily be adapted to display damn near anything you can think of. Like the current weather with 5 day forecast. The idea isn’t new, there are many commercial products as well, this is just my version of things.
- Raspberry Pi Zero W
- Adafruit Pi-OLED 128×32 I2C Display
- Adafruit NeoPixel Jewel 7
- 2x Capacitive Touch Sensors TTP223
- 100uf Electrolytic Capacitor
- Universal Adjustable Power supply (“wall wart”) for 3v DC output
- Glue Gun, Soldering iron, lead free solder, razor